Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM - 3051 - ables > Properties > Columns tab is slow on tables with a lot of fields - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Khushboo Vashi
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM - 3051 - ables > Properties > Columns tab is slow on tables with a lot of fields
Date
In response to Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM - 3051 - ables > Properties > Columns tab is slow on tables with a lot of fields  (Aditya Toshniwal <aditya.toshniwal@enterprisedb.com>)
Responses Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM - 3051 - ables > Properties > Columns tab is slow on tables with a lot of fields  (Murtuza Zabuawala <murtuza.zabuawala@enterprisedb.com>)
Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM - 3051 - ables > Properties > Columns tab is slow on tables with a lot of fields  (Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com>)
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi Aditya,

Thanks for the review.

Please find the attached updated patch.

@ Murtuza,

Regarding your concern, I have not used the API. As per the documentation, there are 2 ways to initialise the bootstrap toggle, First Initialise with HTML and second with Code.
In our case, Initialisation with HTML is not possible as we render the backform controls runtime, So, I have used the other option.
Also, the main issue of slow rendering which has been solved through this implementation. The browser hanging issue is due to Backbone collection reset method and  I am working on that part with another RM, https://redmine.postgresql.org/issues/3664.

@ Dave,

Please, review this patch, we need your approval for the toggle design changes.

Thanks,
Khushboo