Re: 'render_template' server_type/version resolution - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Khushboo Vashi
Subject Re: 'render_template' server_type/version resolution
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

On Sat, Feb 29, 2020 at 1:56 AM Radoslaw Garbacz <radoslaw.garbacz@xtremedatainc.com> wrote:
Hi,

I have a question regarding templates resolution from subdirectories based on server version (and type) for 'SQL' templates (e.g. for "get_encodinds.sql" in "web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/").

I created a subdirectory matching my pg like db version: "web/pgadmin/browser/server_groups/servers/databases/templates/databases/sql/8.1_plus". I have also a specific subdir for "server_type_version" (.../dbx_8.1_plus), however the server does not seem to be able to find it, and always defaults to ".../templates/databases/sql/default".

pgAdmin does not support PostgreSQL absolute versions. However if you want to make local changes in the template loader mechanism, check the <pgAdmin Source Dir>/web/pgadmin/utils/versioned_template_loader.py  file to understand the template loader mapping logic.

Thanks,
Khushboo
When debugging, I get "self.template_path" as "databases/sql/#80102#" (server_type: "dbx", however it's not used for "get_encodings").

So, I'd be grateful to hear how to make it find my modified "get_encodings.sql"?
BTW: Is it OK if the directory is a link?

--
Best Regards,

Radoslaw Garbacz
XtremeData Incorporated