Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] - RM #3309 - Backup does not work with --format=d - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Khushboo Vashi
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch] - RM #3309 - Backup does not work with --format=d
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

Please find the attached updated patch.

Thanks,
Khushboo

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 8:07 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 3:33 PM, Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

On Mon, 25 Jun 2018, 19:47 Dave Page, <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Mon, Jun 25, 2018 at 1:23 PM, Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi,

Please find the attached patch for RM #3309 - Backup does not work with --format=d.

Fixes in the patch :

1. Format = directory fix for Backup and Restore utilities
2. Test cases for format = directory
2. File manager fix - The selected directory was not properly populated in the text box

The patch disables the file picker button if you select Directory format. This seems like poor behaviour; I think we need to modify the dialogue to allow a directory to be selected.

In the directory format, which ever the folder name given, that will be created by pg_dump, so  I have disabled it.

Sure, but I can't even browse to the location I want to put it now - I have to manually type in the path. We just need to allow selection of the directory that will contain the directory.

Fixed.
3. Refactoring of File manager JS file

That's somewhat more readable. Can we add tests?
Will look into it.

Added.
Thanks.

--