Re: Skipping pgAdmin 4 release for March and planning a major release v7.0 in April - Mailing list pgadmin-support

From Khushboo Vashi
Subject Re: Skipping pgAdmin 4 release for March and planning a major release v7.0 in April
Date
List pgadmin-support

Hi,

On Wed, Mar 1, 2023 at 6:52 PM Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Elvia Gomez <egomez@amps.com>
Date: Wed, Mar 1, 2023 at 6:29 PM
Subject: Re: Skipping pgAdmin 4 release for March and planning a major release v7.0 in April
To: Akshay Joshi <akshay.joshi@enterprisedb.com>, pgAdmin Support <pgadmin-support@postgresql.org>

Since upgrade to 6.20, in Azure VM, PgAdmin is connecting too many times to be counted to all databases existent in the Azure database cluster, maybe like trying a heart-bit. We are able to see it happening because of permission denied errors as the ones below without humanly possible to try many attempts within a second:

pgAdmin sends heartbeat to the server for only connected PG servers to get rid of orphan databases. Your error logs says the user doesn't have connect privileges,
so if the database is not connected, pgAdmin will not send heartbeat. Do you have any reproduction steps or scenarios for this ? It will help us to fix the issue.

By default pgAdmin sends a heartbeat every 30 seconds per server, which you can change by configuring SERVER_HEARTBEAT_TIMEOUT = <required_seconds>.
Refer https://www.pgadmin.org/docs/pgadmin4/6.20/config_py.html to set the configuration parameter.

Thanks,
Khushboo

Regards,

Elvia M Gomez

cidimage001.png@01D71976.70950A50

This message may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the use of the addressee(s) named above or may contain information that is legally privileged. If you are not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee, you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by replying to the message and delete the original message and any copies immediately thereafter. Thank you.