Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM #2849 - Allow editing of data on tableswith OIDs but no primary key - Mailing list pgadmin-hackers

From Khushboo Vashi
Subject Re: [pgAdmin4][Patch]: RM #2849 - Allow editing of data on tableswith OIDs but no primary key
Date
List pgadmin-hackers
Hi,

Please find the attached updated patch.

On Mon, Nov 27, 2017 at 5:15 PM, Dave Page <dpage@pgadmin.org> wrote:
Hi

On Thu, Nov 23, 2017 at 1:28 PM, Khushboo Vashi <khushboo.vashi@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
Hi,

Please find the attached patch for RM #2849: Allow editing of data on tables with OIDs but no primary key.

I like that if I add a new row or rows and hit Save, the OIDs are fetched immediately. However;

- It marks the row as read-only. We do that currently because we don't return the key info on Save, and thus require a Refresh before any further editing. However, if we have the OID, we can edit again immediately.

Fixed
- If we can return the new OIDs on Save, can't we do the same for primary key values? That would be consistent with OIDs, and would remove the need to disable rows, leading to a much nicer use experience I think.

Implemented
--
Dave Page
Blog: http://pgsnake.blogspot.com