Re: Bug tracker tool we need - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Christopher Browne
Subject Re: Bug tracker tool we need
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Apr 19, 2012 at 10:49 AM, Magnus Hagander <magnus@hagander.net> wrote:

>>> That's about the same amount that I have.
>>
>> I have no spam at all, despite being a fairly early github adopter.
>> Wonder what the difference is?
>
> The vast majority of the spam I have originates in the postgresql git
> repository. You don't have any commits there...
>
> But I would've assumed it should hit equally hard on other
> repositories that's been around a long time.

I have plenty of commits on the Slony Git repo, which has had clones
at github for about as long as PostgreSQL has.

And I don't get any noticeable amounts of spam at github.  Not all
notifications are hugely interesting, but I don't see anything that's
not reasonably related to things I have commented on.

So I think there has to be some other effect in play.