Re: BUG #6629: Creating a gist index fails with "too many LWLocks taken" - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From tom Tom
Subject Re: BUG #6629: Creating a gist index fails with "too many LWLocks taken"
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Nope, this was just a benchmark script that caused this, any sane person
would use an intbig index instead I guess. A better error message would be
nice though, I was pretty confused when this happened.

This can also bring down postgresql - it happens occasionally and causes
the server to terminate. Someone in #postgresql said this happens when the
failure to acquire the lock occurs in a "critical section"? That might be
cause for concern.

~Tom