Re: CannotAcquireResourceException in Junit - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Abhra Kar
Subject Re: CannotAcquireResourceException in Junit
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi,
       Sorry for late reply. Below options I tried ---
1>pg_terminate_backend --> Successful execution.
2> Increase max_connection to 900 in /var/lib/pgsql/9.5/data/postgresql.conf .After modify restart psql service---

service postgresql-9.5 start

service postgresql-9.5 stop

Then execute select * from pg_stat_activity it shows 2 connections.

3>set cp3p0 options ----
com.mchange.v2.c3p0.ComboPooledDataSource cpds = new ComboPooledDataSource();
  cpds.setMaxPoolSize(1000);
            cpds.setMaxStatements(0);
            cpds.setInitialPoolSize(50);
            cpds.setAcquireIncrement(5);
            cpds.setAcquireRetryAttempts(5);

But the problem still persist.Please provide suggestion.

Regards,
Abhra

On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 10:28 AM, Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Jan 24, 2018, at 9:32 PM, Abhra Kar <abhra.kar@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Thanks Rob.
>
> OS -- RHEL 6.7(Santiago)
> Postgres Version -- 9.5
> Location --/usr/pgsql-9.5/bin/psql
>
> Can you please guide me , how to stop all those connection manually(From psql prompt or linux shell or any .sh file with in postgres directory)
>
> Regards,
> Abhra
>
> On Thu, Jan 25, 2018 at 9:36 AM, Rob Sargent <robjsargent@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > On Jan 24, 2018, at 9:57 AM, Abhra Kar <abhra.kar@gmail.com> wrote:
> >

> > Hi,
> >          I am getting the following error while running bunch of Junit test cases through “ant test” command----
> >  Caused by: com.mchange.v2.resourcepool.CannotAcquireResourceException: A ResourcePool could not acquire a resource from its primary factory or source.
> > PFA full stack trace.
> >
> > After execution of 300 test cases I got this error. The setup() method code snippet is ---
> >
> > @Before
> >     public void setUp() throws Exception {
> >         entityManager = entityManagerFactory.createEntityManager();//javax.persistence.EntityManager
> >         entityManager.getTransaction().begin();
> > }
> >
> > this method ran for all 300 test cases but didn’t get error .
> >
> > Another 900 test cases are remaining. I tried running single test cases from those test cases, getting same error for all.
> > What is root cause of this error.
> >
> > Thanks and Regards,
> > Abhra
> > <StackTrace.doc>
> Apparently Merlin is busy elsewhere.  You need to name the OS, the postgres version, and the stack you’re using.
>
> But my guess is you’re not closing those connections and have hit a configuration limit for maximum connection.

Please don’t top post in the forum.

Something like this from https://stackoverflow.com/questions/5408156/how-to-drop-a-postgresql-database-if-there-are-active-connections-to-it

 You might want a bunch of
select pg_terminate_backend(<pick one pid you no is yours from ps output>);

WARNING: this kills all connections.
SELECT pg_terminate_backend(pg_stat_activity.pid)
FROM
 pg_stat_activity
WHERE pg_stat_activity.datname = 'TARGET_DB'
AND pid <> pg_backend_pid();