Re: count() in 9.2 - Mailing list pgsql-novice

From Steve Horn
Subject Re: count() in 9.2
Date
List pgsql-novice
If our application could not do a count quickly there is no reason to show up for work. Our application provides counts of lists to customers who then use that information to purchase records of data from our lists. There are on average 80 columns that the user can apply "WHERE, AND, or OR" to narrow their count (list).

We are using Microsoft Sql Server currently. It provides counts in an acceptable amount of time with 160 million+ rowcount tables with dozens of AND clauses applied.