Re: ODBC Calling Fill - Unexptected closed connection after 2 hours - Mailing list pgsql-odbc

From Inoue,Hiroshi
Subject Re: ODBC Calling Fill - Unexptected closed connection after 2 hours
Date
List pgsql-odbc
Hi David,

How about increasing the CommandTimeout(default 30sec)?
$cmd.CommandTimeout = 300, for example.

regards,
Hiroshi Inoue

2021年5月11日(火) 6:14 David Parenteau <dparenteau@axper.com>:
Using PostgreSQL 12.3 (Ubuntu 12.3-1.pgdg18.04+1) on x86_64-pc-linux-gnu, compiled by gcc (Ubuntu 7.5.0-3ubuntu1~18.04) 7.5.0, 64-bit
I use driver PostgresSQL Unicode(x64)  version 13.00.00.00

I have a query that is executed through an ODBC connection in a Powershell 5.1 script. I use the Fill() method to retreive about 3500 records daily. When the script works, it takes 2-5 minutes to execute and retrieve data.
Probleme is that the script "fails" half of the time approx. When this occurs, the powershell script does stop only after 2h and 30 seconds.
We double checked the postgres logs and when this occurs, we see that the query successfully completed within 6 minutes always.  I don't know what to look for. any Idea?

Below is the error got:

Executed as user: NT Service\SQLSERVERAGENT. A job step received an error at line 94 in a PowerShell script. The corresponding line is '(New-Object system.Data.odbc.odbcDataAdapter($cmd)).fill($ds) | out-null  '. Correct the script and reschedule the job. The error information returned by PowerShell is: 'Exception calling "Fill" with "1" argument(s): "The connection has been disabled."  '.  Process Exit Code -1.

Not too familiar with postgreSQL.

Thanks!