Re: Major release of advanced PostgreSQL driver written in C++ - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Dominique Devienne
Subject Re: Major release of advanced PostgreSQL driver written in C++
Date
List pgsql-general
On Tue, Apr 12, 2022 at 12:17 PM Dmitry Igrishin <dmitigr@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm excited to announce Pgfe 2.0.0, an advanced and feature rich
> PostgreSQL driver written in C++.

Congrats on the release. I've been following your progress, and saw
good stuff in your commits.

Could you please more clearly state in the project's README.md the
minimal version
of C++ required, and whether the interface or impl changes with higher
versions of std?

Your hello-world example (extracted below), uses lambda-auto (C++14),
probably variadic templates (C++11 and up, C++17 for
fold-expressions), etc... So if you require C++20,
that's important to know (since out of bounds to me, for example).

In the same vein, what platforms / compilers / versions it's built and
tested on is also useful to know upfront.
(again, as an example, I need to be cross-platform and cross-compiler,
including Windows and MS VS).

My $0.02. And thanks for sharing your work. --DD

  // Executing statement with positional parameters.
  conn.execute([](auto&& r)
  {
    std::printf("Number %i\n", to<int>(r.data()));
  }, "select generate_series($1::int, $2::int)", 1, 3);