Estonian PUG - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Ervin Weber
Subject Estonian PUG
Date
List pgsql-advocacy

Hello,
I am Ervin Weber from Tallinn, Estonia. Some of you may remember me from European PostgreSQL conferences.

As we having quite a bit of interest in PostgreSQL in Estonia, and as there is some hype caused  by European Conference being here just around the corner. Me and my collegues had created few additional "warm-up" events:

http://blog.devclub.eu/2016/10/19/20-years-of-postgresql/ (free event, "sold out" in 30 hours)
https://m.facebook.com/events/188448444927199 (also free, basically just place where and when to meet and talk).

Our goal is find and introduce to eachother local people, passionate around PostgreSQL. Possibly organizing us into some kind of local meetup group.

We have no estimates on how many people we find, and how involved they remain over time, but we  would like to get them into a mailing list, as in our opinion this is most universal non invasive medium available. While google group wold do, in spirit of community it would be better to be more official. Following instructions on postgresql.org i am writing to this list to ask for posibility to create regional mailing list for Estonia,EE. Is there any possibility get such list + signup possibility working today, so it could be promoted in both events, and via lightning talk on conference itself?

Thank you,
Ervin.