Re: [proposal] de-TOAST'ing using a iterator - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Naylor
Subject Re: [proposal] de-TOAST'ing using a iterator
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Mon, Nov 2, 2020 at 1:30 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:
On 2020-Nov-02, Anastasia Lubennikova wrote:

> Status update for a commitfest entry.
>
> This entry was inactive for a very long time.
> John, are you going to continue working on this?

Not in the near future. For background, this was a 2019 GSoC project where I was reviewer of record, and the patch is mostly good, but there is some architectural awkwardness. I have tried to address that, but have not had success.

> The last message mentions some open issues, namely backend crashes, so I move it to "Waiting on author".

As I understand, the patch he posted is fine -- it only crashes when he
tried a change I suggested.

That's my recollection as well.

--
John Naylor