Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v12 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Naylor
Subject Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v12
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Thu, Sep 1, 2022 at 1:12 AM Andres Freund <andres@anarazel.de> wrote:
> [v12]

+# Build a small utility static lib for the parser. This makes it easier to not
+# depend on gram.h already having been generated for most of the other code
+# (which depends on generated headers having been generated). The generation
+# of the parser is slow...

It's not obvious whether this is intended to be a Meson-only
optimization or a workaround for something awkward to specify.

+  # FIXME: -output option is only available in perl 5.9.3 - but that's
+  # probably a fine minimum requirement?

Since we've retired some buildfarm animals recently, it seems the
oldest perl there is 5.14? ... which came out in 2011, so it seems
later on we could just set that as the minimum.

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com