Re: [POC] verifying UTF-8 using SIMD instructions - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Naylor
Subject Re: [POC] verifying UTF-8 using SIMD instructions
Date
List pgsql-hackers
I wrote:

> [v3]
> - It's not smart enough to stop at the last valid character boundary -- it's either all-valid or it must start over with the fallback. That will have to change in order to work with the proposed noError conversions. It shouldn't be very hard, but needs thought as to the clearest and safest way to code it.

In v4, it should be able to return an accurate count of valid bytes even when the end crosses a character boundary.

> - This is my first time hacking autoconf, and it still seems slightly broken, yet functional on my machine at least.

It was actually completely broken if you tried to pass the special flags to configure. I redesigned this part and it seems to work now.

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com