Re: badly calculated width of emoji in psql - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Naylor
Subject Re: badly calculated width of emoji in psql
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 12:46 PM Pavel Stehule <pavel.stehule@gmail.com> wrote:

> did you run make clean?
>
> when I executed just patch & make, it didn't work

I did not, but I always have --enable-depend on. I tried again with make clean, and ccache -C just in case, and it works now.

On Thu, Aug 12, 2021 at 12:54 PM Jacob Champion <pchampion@vmware.com> wrote:

> Was this a clean build? Perhaps I've introduced (or exacerbated) a
> dependency bug in the Makefile? The patch doing nothing is a surprising
> result given the code change.

Yeah, given that Pavel had the same issue, that's a possibility. I don't recall that happening with other unicode patches I've tested.

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com