Re: BUG #17406: Segmentation fault on GiST index after 14.2 upgrade - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From John Naylor
Subject Re: BUG #17406: Segmentation fault on GiST index after 14.2 upgrade
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Feb 16, 2022 at 3:15 PM Victor Yegorov <vyegorov@gmail.com> wrote:

> For custom build I need some time to actually build it.
> What options would you recommend (for configure) me to use here?

Normally for debug builds you would use something like

--enable-cassert \
--enable-debug \
CFLAGS="-ggdb -Og -fno-omit-frame-pointer"

-Og still performs some optimization (on gcc it's like -O1 but with
some optimization passes taken out that interfere with debuging), so
it's somewhat realistic compared to production code. But to make sure
this argument is visible, you might have to use -O0 (no optimization).

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com