Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v12 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Naylor
Subject Re: [RFC] building postgres with meson - v12
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Sep 7, 2022 at 3:36 PM Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@alvh.no-ip.org> wrote:

> On 2022-Sep-06, John Naylor wrote:
>
> > Note that the indentation hasn't changed. My thought there: perltidy
> > will be run again next year, at which time it will be part of a listed
> > whitespace-only commit. Any objections, since that could confuse
> > someone before then?
>
> I think a good plan is to commit the fix without tidy, then commit the
> tidy separately, then add the latter commit to .git-blame-ignore-revs.
> That avoids leaving the code untidy for a year.

Okay, done that way. I also made sure we got the same info for error
reporting. It's not identical, but arguably better, going from:

Bareword found where operator expected at (eval 4480) line 3, near "'btree' xxx"
(Missing operator before xxx?)
../../../src/include/catalog/pg_amop.dat: error parsing line 20:

to:

Bareword found where operator expected at (eval 12) line 20, near "'btree' xxx"
(Missing operator before xxx?)
error parsing ../../../src/include/catalog/pg_amop.dat

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com