Re: Replacing pg_depend PIN entries with a fixed range check - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From John Naylor
Subject Re: Replacing pg_depend PIN entries with a fixed range check
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On Wed, Jul 14, 2021 at 3:34 PM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Hm, I'm not following?  setup_depend runs in initdb, that is on the
> client side.  It can't invoke backend-internal functions any other
> way than via SQL, AFAICS.

Ah, brainfade on my part.

I was also curious about the test case where Andres fixed a regression in the parent thread [1], and there is a noticeable improvement (lowest of 10 measurements):

HEAD: 623ms
patch: 567ms

If no one else has anything, I think this is ready for commit.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20210406043521.lopeo7bbigad3n6t%40alap3.anarazel.de

--
John Naylor
EDB: http://www.enterprisedb.com