Re: Experience with large number of tables in single PostgreSQL instance - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Vasilis Ventirozos
Subject Re: Experience with large number of tables in single PostgreSQL instance
Date
List pgsql-admin

On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 10:10 AM, Vedran Krivokuca <vkrivokuca@gmail.com> wrote:
On Wed, Apr 10, 2013 at 9:07 AM, Vedran Krivokuca <vkrivokuca@gmail.com> wrote:
> 1) we can go with different instances of PostgreSQL service, let's say
> (for pure theory) 10 of them on the same HA cluster setup. Every
> instance would hold let's say 1/10th of that big recordset, and around
> 3.000 database tables (this apparently shouldn't be of any problem to
> PostgreSQL, see below).

I am talking shit here, obviously, excuse me. We would go with, for
example, 10 or 100 databases in the same PostgreSQL instance.
Buzzwording got better of me. :) The rest of my initial e-mail still
applies, I will cherish any input of experience on this subject.

V.

--
  Pozdrav/Greetings,
  Vedran Krivokuća