Re: Need Support to Upgrade from 13.6 to 15.3 - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Dippu Kumar
Subject Re: Need Support to Upgrade from 13.6 to 15.3
Date
List pgsql-bugs
Hello Tom Lane,
Thank you for your response! I really appreciate it.
I don't know why I couldn't make it well. I got tired after doing many approaches.
I tried 3 approaches for this :
Approach 1 :
I tried with a new instance installed postgresql version 13 then created some test DB, and inserts a few data into a table. Then update version 15, I can see all data - Succeed
Approach 2 :
I tried with a new instance installed postgresql version 13 then created an Image of this instance and launched a new instance using this image (AMIs).
Then update version 15, I can see all data of version 13 - Succeed
Approach 3 :
    I launch a new instance using the latest image of our postgresql instance. Then update version 15, it shows error - Failed
    => Reasons or error :
    /usr/lib/postgresql/15/bin/pg_upgrade: symbol lookup error: /usr/lib/postgresql/15/bin/pg_upgrade: undefined symbol: PQmblenBounded

      - Always get PQmblenBounded error whenever I try to execute postgresql binary.
Information:
    - I'm using Postgresql 13.6 which is hosted on Ubuntu ( 18.04.6 LTS, Codename : bionic)
    - DB Data is more than 650 GB so I can't go with pgdump option
You suggested that I fix a dynamic linker but I always get some errors and finally I am stuck in a loop of these solutions.
If I try to fix one another problem come up.
Please suggest steps to complete this task.I'm writing to you as a last option, I stopped searching on google.

Thanks & Regards
Dippu

On Thu, May 18, 2023 at 5:20 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> On Tue, May 16, 2023 at 5:07 AM Dippu Kumar <dippu.k@deeplynx.com> wrote:
>> /usr/lib/postgresql/15/bin/initdb -D /var/lib/postgresql/15/main
>> --auth-local peer --auth-host scram-sha-256 --no-instructions
>> /usr/lib/postgresql/15/bin/initdb: symbol lookup error:
>> /usr/lib/postgresql/15/bin/initdb: undefined symbol: PQmblenBounded

> I can't reproduce this.

This is pretty clearly a case of the initdb executable binding to
an old copy of libpq.so.  You could find out which one by running
"ldd /usr/lib/postgresql/15/bin/initdb".  Then, update that
installation to something released in the last two years.  Or
perhaps better, fix your dynamic linker search path so that it
finds the libpq.so that came with your v15 Postgres installation.

                        regards, tom lane