Re: jsonpath - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Oleg Bartunov
Subject Re: jsonpath
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Fri, 22 Mar 2019, 03:14 Nikita Glukhov, <n.gluhov@postgrespro.ru> wrote:
Hi.

Attached patch enables throwing of errors in jsonb_path_match() in its
non-silent mode when the jsonpath expression failed to return a singleton
boolean.  Previously, NULL was always returned, and it seemed to be
inconsistent with the behavior of other functions, in which structural and
other errors were not suppressed in non-silent mode.

We also think that jsonb_path_match() needs to be renamed, because its
current name is confusing to many users.  "Match" name is more suitable for
jsonpath-based pattern matching like that (maybe we'll implement it later):
 jsonb_path_match(   '{ "a": 1, "b": 2,    "c": "str" }',   '{ "a": 1, "b": @ > 1, * : @.type == "string" }' )
Would be very useful for constraints.

Below are some possible name variants:
 jsonb_path_predicate() (original name)
Too long

  jsonb_path_pred() jsonb_path_test() jsonb_path_check()

Check is good to me
 jsonb_path_bool()

--
Nikita Glukhov