Re: PostgreSQL 9.6 Temporary files - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Jimmy Augustine
Subject Re: PostgreSQL 9.6 Temporary files
Date
List pgsql-general
Hi Andreas thanks for your response,

On 19 March 2018 17:31:20 CET, Jimmy Augustine <jimmy.augustine@enyx.fr> wrote:
>Dear Friends,
>
>I am newbie to postgresql.
>I have 162 GB on my database but when I check size of all tables, I
>approximately obtain 80 GB.

Indexes are included into 80 GB that I mentioned.

>I also see that I have 68GB of temporary files however I only found

Where can you see that?

I used pgAdmin 4 and I see statistics on my global database.

>2.4MB
>at postgres/data/base/pgsql_tmp.
>
>Could you tell me what are those temporary files and where are they at?
>Can
>I delete some of them?

No, never delete files in datadir!

>All values come from pgAdmin 4 and checked by my own SQL
>queries(postgresql-9.6).
>I already run vacuum full and there is few dead tuples.

A few dead tuples arn't a real problem.

--
2ndQuadrant - The PostgreSQL Support Company