Re: identity column behavior in WHEN condition for BEFORE EACH ROW trigger - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Suraj Kharage
Subject Re: identity column behavior in WHEN condition for BEFORE EACH ROW trigger
Date
List pgsql-hackers

whereas, for identity columns, server allows us to create trigger for same and trigger gets invoked as defined. Is this behavior expected? or we need to restrict the identity columns in such scenario because anyone one override the identity column value in trigger.

Also, I think it is breaking the OVERRIDING SYSTEM VALUE clause in INSERT statement. i.e: without this clause, can insert the modified value from trigger in identity column. I don't find any document reference for this behavior.

Thoughts?

Thanks & Regards,
Suraj kharage,
EnterpriseDB Corporation,