Re: Allow COPY's 'text' format to output a header - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Simon Muller
Subject Re: Allow COPY's 'text' format to output a header
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 2 August 2018 at 17:07, Cynthia Shang <cynthia.shang@crunchydata.com> wrote:

> On Aug 2, 2018, at 8:11 AM, Daniel Verite <daniel@manitou-mail.org> wrote:
>
> That makes sense, thanks for elaborating, although there are also
> a fair number of ERRCODE_FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTED in copy.c
> that are raised on forbidden/nonsensical combination of features,
> so the consistency argument could work both ways.

If there is not a strong reason to change the error code, then I believe we should not. The error is the same as it was before, just narrower in scope.

Best,
-Cynthia

Sure, thanks both for the feedback. Attached is a patch with the error kept as ERRCODE_FEATURE_NOT_SUPPORTED.

--
Simon Muller

Attachment