Re: Bug in AbstracJdbc2Statement.replaceProcessing when using dollar quoting? - Mailing list pgsql-jdbc

From Florent Guillaume
Subject Re: Bug in AbstracJdbc2Statement.replaceProcessing when using dollar quoting?
Date
In response to Re: Bug in AbstracJdbc2Statement.replaceProcessing when using dollar quoting?  (GEISINGER Marc - Contractor <Marc.GEISINGER@external.thalesgroup.com>)
List pgsql-jdbc
On Wed, Sep 26, 2012 at 5:07 PM, GEISINGER Marc - Contractor
<Marc.GEISINGER@external.thalesgroup.com> wrote:
> Von: David Johnston [mailto:polobo@yahoo.com]
>> Which is why my suggestion is possibly superior and at least simpler (thus less prone to bugs).
>> Once you find the non-conforming dollar-quote start tag in the query simply abort the JDBC specific code and return
thequery unmodified.

> Since $ in identifiers are postgres-only, there is no reason to try to be postgres-indepentend with SQL escape codes.
Ithink your suggestion would be ok to handle dollar quotes.

Oracle is well known for its V$SESSION and other similar tables.

Florent