Re: How can I get first day date of the previous month ? - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Alban Hertroys
Subject Re: How can I get first day date of the previous month ?
Date
List pgsql-general
On 20 June 2014 09:11, Arup Rakshit <aruprakshit@rocketmail.com> wrote:
> Thanks for your answer. How to get the first day date of last 6 months from
> now then will be :
>
> yelloday_development=# select date_trunc('month', now()) - interval '5
> month' as first_month;
>         first_month
> ---------------------------
>  2014-01-01 00:00:00+05:30
> (1 row)
>
> Is it correct ? I am new pgdql DB :-) Awesome DB it is...

It is.

You can also do it like this to get the first day of each of the last 6 months:

=# select date_trunc('month', now()) - interval '1 month' * n from
generate_series(1, 6) as i(n);
        ?column?
 2014-05-01 00:00:00+02
 2014-04-01 00:00:00+02