Re: Need help how to reproduce MySQL binary to PosgreSQL - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Geoff Winkless
Subject Re: Need help how to reproduce MySQL binary to PosgreSQL
Date
List pgsql-general
On Sun, 9 Aug 2020 at 12:49, Condor <condor@stz-bg.com> wrote:
> Yea, I checked it, but because is 3 years old solution I expect these
> functions to be implemented long ago and just have another names or to
> have similar functions that do the same functionality. It's seems not,
> Okay will use the solution from sof.

Those functions _have_ been implemented long ago with other names, as
per the answer to the link given.

The functions you want are encode and decode, or to_hex if you want to
encode integers. The only reason to use the CREATE FUNCTION shims as
per the answer is if you don't want to change your code.

You might find https://pgxn.org/dist/mysqlcompat/ helpful too.

Geoff