Re: ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE using EXCLUDED.column gives an error about mismatched types - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Geoff Winkless
Subject Re: ON CONFLICT DO UPDATE using EXCLUDED.column gives an error about mismatched types
Date
List pgsql-hackers
On 4 August 2015 at 09:30, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
On 2015-08-04 AM 02:57, Peter Geoghegan wrote:
> On Mon, Aug 3, 2015 at 8:53 AM, Geoff Winkless <pgsqladmin@geoff.dj> wrote:
>> If I create a copy of the table using
>>
>> CREATE mytab (LIKE brokentab INCLUDING ALL);
>> INSERT INTO mytab SELECT * FROM brokentab;
>
> Also, did you drop any columns from the original "brokentab" table
> where the bug can be reproduced?

This seem to be the case. I could reproduce the reported problem:

​Although it seems Amit has defined the problem better than I could, so this is a bit late to the party (!), yes, the table had been ALTERed after it was created (looking back through the history, that modification included at least one DROP COLUMN).

Thanks

Geoff​