Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Matthias van de Meent
Subject Re: First draft of PG 17 release notes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

I noticed that PG17's release note for commit cafe10565 is "Allow psql
connections to be canceled with control-C (Tristan Partin)", but this
summary seems wrong to me.

We already had ^C connection (query) cancellation for quite some time
before this patch. What's new with that patch, is that we now also can
cancel connection attempts with ^C while we're still connecting (i.e.,
we haven't yet authenticated and are trying to move the connection
state forward).
I think a better wording would be "Allow psql connection attempts to
be canceled with control-C (Tristan Partin)", or "Allow psql
connections to be canceled with control-C while psql is still
connecting (Tristan Partin)".

Kind regards,

Matthias van de Meent
Neon (https://neon.tech)