Re: BUG #16249: Partition pruning blocks on exclusively locked table partition - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From 0010203112132233
Subject Re: BUG #16249: Partition pruning blocks on exclusively locked table partition
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Fri, 7 Feb 2020 at 20:17, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> PG Bug reporting form <noreply@postgresql.org> writes:
> > In my humble opinion, this query should not be blocked during planning, as
> > the partition can be pruned directly from the plan with the partition
> > information that is available from the parent table: Partition information
> > can be updated  when the partition is locked, but through the parent
> > partitioned table.
>
> This case has been improved in PG v12.  It is operating as designed in
> v11, however.
>
>                         regards, tom lane

Ah, I indeed hadn't tested pg12 yet, but you are indeed correct. I
guess I'll then have to wait for pg12 to become generally available on
RDS.

Anyway, thanks for the help, and sorry for taking your time.

regards,

Matthias