Re: hostnossl in pg_hba.conf demands a password - Mailing list pgsql-admin

From Venkata B Nagothi
Subject Re: hostnossl in pg_hba.conf demands a password
Date
List pgsql-admin

On Tue, Nov 15, 2016 at 8:10 AM, John Scalia <jayknowsunix@gmail.com> wrote:
I've been experimenting a bit with both 9.4.10 and 9.6.0 and both of these are exhibiting the same behavior. I've been setting up zabbix and the local agent requires a trust connection. So, if my pg_hba.conf has a line:

host         all                monitoring.          127.0.0.1/32.    trust

It works as I expected, but if I change "host" to "hostnossl" and reload, it then demands a password for the monitoring user.

The servers are configured with SSL and all other connections require "hostssl", but the zabbix agent is not configured with SSL. I'd say this behavior is a bug, but maybe I missed reading the fine manual somewhere. Has anyone else seen this or maybe the docs need updating.

Do you have any other entries (for 127.0.0.1) in pg_hba.conf which is generating this behaviour ?

Regards,

Venkata B N
Database Consultant

Fujitsu Australia