Re: After replication failover: could not read block X in file Y read only 0 of 8192 bytes - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Venkata Balaji N
Subject Re: After replication failover: could not read block X in file Y read only 0 of 8192 bytes
Date
List pgsql-general
On Mon, May 30, 2016 at 11:37 PM, Brian Sutherland <brian@vanguardistas.net> wrote:
I'm running a streaming replication setup with PostgreSQL 9.5.2 and have
started seeing these errors on a few INSERTs:

    ERROR:  could not read block 8 in file "base/3884037/3885279": read only 0 of 8192 bytes

These errors are occurring on master or slave ?

on a few tables. If I look at that specific file, it's only 6 blocks
long:

    # ls -la base/3884037/3885279
    -rw------- 1 postgres postgres 49152 May 30 12:56 base/3884037/3885279

It seems that this is the case on most tables in this state. I havn't
seen any error on SELECT and I can SELECT * on the all tables I know
have this problem. The database is machine is under reasonable load.

So, the filenodes generating this error belong to a Table ? or an Index ?

On some tables an "ANALYZE tablename" causes the error.

We recently had a streaming replication failover after loading a large
amount of data with pg_restore. The problems seem to have started after
that, but I'm not perfectly sure.

pg_restore has completed successfully ? When pg_restore was running, did you see anything suspicious in the postgresql logfiles ?

I have data_checksums switched on so am suspecting a streaming
replication bug.  Anyone know of a recent bug which could have caused
this?

I cannot conclude at this point. I encountered these kind of errors with Indexes and re-indexing fixed them.

Regards,
Venkata B N

Fujitsu Australia