Re: [BUGS] Bug in Physical Replication Slots (at least 9.5)? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Venkata B Nagothi
Subject Re: [BUGS] Bug in Physical Replication Slots (at least 9.5)?
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Thu, Mar 30, 2017 at 4:46 PM, Kyotaro HORIGUCHI <horiguchi.kyotaro@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
Hello,

At Thu, 30 Mar 2017 15:59:14 +1100, Venkata B Nagothi <nag1010@gmail.com> wrote in <CAEyp7J-TxoLZGh2qioA9nJJepiXUvvsAWrk=BxwU0J05X_j9_A@mail.gmail.com>
> Yes, downloaded from the email on Windows and copied across to Linux and
> did "git apply".

The same works for me. But --keep-cr gave me the same result with
you.

> $ git am --keep-cr ~/work/patches/0001-Fix-a-bug-of-physical-replication-slot_a6f22e8.patch
> Applying: Fix a bug of physical replication slot.
> .git/rebase-apply/patch:13: trailing whitespace.
> /*

for me too -

[dba@buildhost postgresql]$ git am --keep-cr /data/postgresql-patches/9.5-ReplicationSlots-Bug-Patch/0001-Fix-a-bug-of-physical-replication-slot_a6f22e8.patch
Applying: Fix a bug of physical replication slot.
/data/PostgreSQL-GIT-Repo/postgresql/.git/rebase-apply/patch:13: trailing whitespace.
/*
/data/PostgreSQL-GIT-Repo/postgresql/.git/rebase-apply/patch:14: trailing whitespace.
 * This variable corresponds to restart_lsn in pg_replication_slots for a
/data/PostgreSQL-GIT-Repo/postgresql/.git/rebase-apply/patch:15: trailing whitespace.
 * physical slot. This has a valid value only when it differs from the current
/data/PostgreSQL-GIT-Repo/postgresql/.git/rebase-apply/patch:16: trailing whitespace.
 * flush pointer.
/data/PostgreSQL-GIT-Repo/postgresql/.git/rebase-apply/patch:17: trailing whitespace.
 */
error: patch failed: src/backend/replication/walsender.c:210
error: src/backend/replication/walsender.c: patch does not apply
Patch failed at 0001 Fix a bug of physical replication slot.
The copy of the patch that failed is found in:
   /data/PostgreSQL-GIT-Repo/postgresql/.git/rebase-apply/patch
When you have resolved this problem, run "git am --resolved".
If you prefer to skip this patch, run "git am --skip" instead.
To restore the original branch and stop patching, run "git am --abort".

https://git-scm.com/docs/git-am

| --[no-]keep-cr
|
| With --keep-cr, call git mailsplit (see git-mailsplit[1]) with
| the same option, to prevent it from stripping CR at the end of
| lines. am.keepcr configuration variable can be used to specify
| the default behaviour. --no-keep-cr is useful to override
| am.keepcr.

I don't know why it preserves CRs only for the lines, but anyway,
don't you have am.keepcr in you configuration?

May be, I do not think i have am.keepcr in my configuration. I am not 100% sure of it.

I only did "git apply.." which produced white space errors.

Regards,

Venkata B N
Database Consultant