Re: [PROPOSAL] VACUUM Progress Checker. - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vinayak Pokale
Subject Re: [PROPOSAL] VACUUM Progress Checker.
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi,

Please find attached updated patch with an updated interface.

I added the below interface to update the scanned_heap_pages,scanned_index_pages and index_scan_count only.
void pgstat_report_progress_scanned_pages(int num_of_int, uint32 *progress_scanned_pages_param)

Other interface functions which are called at the beginning:
void pgstat_report_progress_set_command_target(Oid relid)

Regards,
Vinayak

On Wed, Jan 13, 2016 at 3:16 PM, Amit Langote <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp> wrote:
On 2016/01/12 11:28, Vinayak Pokale wrote:
> On Jan 12, 2016 11:22 AM, "Amit Langote" <Langote_Amit_f8@lab.ntt.co.jp>
> wrote:
>>
>> On 2016/01/12 10:30, Amit Langote wrote:
>>> I'm slightly concerned that the latest patch doesn't incorporate any
>>> revisions to the original pgstat interface per Robert's comments in [1].
>>
>> I meant to say "originally proposed pgstat interface on this thread".
>
> Yes.
> Robert's comments related to pgstat interface needs to be address.
> I will update it.

So, I updated the patch status to "Waiting on Author".

Thanks,
Amit

Attachment