Re: Report error position in partition bound check - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ashutosh Bapat
Subject Re: Report error position in partition bound check
Date
Re: Report error position in partition bound check  (Amit Langote <amitlangote09@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-hackers
Hi Alexandra,
As Michael said it will be considered for the next commitfest. But
from a quick glance, a suggestion.
Instead of passing NULL parsestate from ATExecAttachPartition, pass
make_parsestate(NULL). parse_errorposition() takes care of NULL parse
state input, but it might be safer this way. Better if we could cook
up a parse state with the query text available in
AlterTableUtilityContext available in ATExecCmd().

--
Best Wishes,
Ashutosh Bapat