Re: BUG #16976: server crash when deleting via a trigger on a foreign table - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Clinton Adams
Subject Re: BUG #16976: server crash when deleting via a trigger on a foreign table
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Thu, Apr 22, 2021 at 10:50 AM Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:

> Herwig Goemans <herwig.goemans@gmail.com> writes:
> > "/home/local/VMM/h.goemans/_usr_lib_postgresql_12_bin_postgres.201.crash"
> > is not a core dump: File format not recognized
>
> Hmm, that's a new one on me, but also that file name doesn't look
> very much like a core file name --- usually they're just "core.NNNN"
> or such.  Maybe this is a version you'd base64-encoded to put onto

Hi Herwig,

On ubuntu you have to jump through a hoop to get the core file. I'd
recommend just unpacking it, with apport-unpack.

apport-unpack (crash file) (empty or nonexistent target directory for unpacking)
cd into the target directory, and you should see a CoreDump file,
which you can use with gdb.

Thanks,
Clinton