Re: Simplified version of read_binary_file (src/backend/utils/adt/genfile.c) - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ranier Vilela
Subject Re: Simplified version of read_binary_file (src/backend/utils/adt/genfile.c)
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Em sex., 11 de set. de 2020 às 14:01, Alvaro Herrera <alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> escreveu:
On 2020-Sep-11, Ranier Vilela wrote:

> Hi,
>
> read_binary_file seems a bit complicated when we want to read the rest of
> the file (-1 for bytes_to_read).

This code was very recently rewritten in 96d1f423f95d, and I doubt that
taking out half the algorithm without studying how it got that way is a
great idea.
Works with all regress tests (199, same as the HEAD with msvc 2019 64 bits except partition_prune)
Works with pgbench (pgbench -U postgres -c 50 -j 2 -t 10000 example)
And works with local installation, without adverse effects, for now.

regards,
Ranier Vilela