Re: Small miscellaneous fixes - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ranier Vilela
Subject Re: Small miscellaneous fixes
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Em seg., 3 de out. de 2022 às 05:01, Masahiko Sawada <sawada.mshk@gmail.com> escreveu:
On Fri, Sep 30, 2022 at 9:08 AM Ranier Vilela <ranier.vf@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi.
>
> There are assorted fixes to the head branch.
>
> 1. Avoid useless reassigning var _logsegno (src/backend/access/transam/xlog.c)
> Commit 7d70809 left a little oversight.
> XLByteToPrevSeg and XLByteToSeg are macros, and both assign _logsegno.
> So, the first assignment is lost and is useless.
>
> 2. Avoid retesting log_min_duration (src/backend/commands/analyze.c)
> The log_min_duration has already been tested before and the second test
> can be safely removed.
>
> 3. Avoid useless var declaration record (src/backend/utils/misc/guc.c)
> The var record is never really used.

Three changes look good to me.
Hi, thanks for reviewing this.

> 4. Fix declaration volatile signal var (src/bin/pgbench/pgbench.c)
> Like how to commit 5ac9e86, this is a similar case.

The same is true also for alarm_triggered in pg_test_fsync.c?
I don't think so.
If I understand the problem correctly, the failure can occur with true signals, provided by the OS
In the case at hand, it seems to me more like an internal form of signal, that is, simulated.
So bool works fine.

CF entry created:

regards,
Ranier Vilela