re: Why ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... SET (slot_name='none') requires subscription disabled? - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Ranier Vilela
Subject re: Why ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... SET (slot_name='none') requires subscription disabled?
Date
List pgsql-hackers
>OTOH, when I execute ALTER SUBSCRIPTION ... SET (slot_name=''), it doesn't complain. However,
>SELECT select pg_create_logical_replication_slot('', 'pgoutput') complains slot name is too
>short. Although, the slot will be created at publisher, and validate the slot name, IMO, we
>can also validate the slot_name in parse_subscription_options() to get the error early.
>Attached fixes it. Any thoughts?
I think that this fix is better after the check if the name is equal to "none".
Most of the time it will be "none" .
While this, reduce the overhead with strlen into ReplicationSlotValidateName can it might be worth it.

For convenience, I have attached a new version.

regards,
Ranier Vilela
Attachment