Re: unnest multirange, returned order - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Daniel Fredouille
Subject Re: unnest multirange, returned order
Date
List pgsql-docs
Hi,

sorry it took me some time to reply. Yes, the patch is perfect if this is indeed the behavior.

cheers
Daniel

Le jeu. 5 oct. 2023 à 02:50, Laurenz Albe <laurenz.albe@cybertec.at> a écrit :
On Wed, 2023-10-04 at 20:12 -0400, Daniel Fredouille wrote:
> unnest ( anymultirange ) → setof anyrange
> Expands a multirange into a set of ranges. The ranges are read out in storage order (ascending) and therefore order cannot be relied upon.

That's not true.  The order is deterministic and can be relied on.

How about the attached patch, which does away with the confusing
mention of "storage order"?

Yours,
Laurenz Albe