Re: Please take part in the PostgreSQL ecosystem survey - Mailing list pgsql-advocacy

From Sumedh Pathak
Subject Re: Please take part in the PostgreSQL ecosystem survey
Date
List pgsql-advocacy
Hey guys,

Sorry for the delay as I've been swamped with a few things. I think let's try submitting the link to the post, and see what kind of uptake it has. I'll co-ordinate a few up-votes, and also send you guys the link so you can use your HN accounts to upvote. I'll get to that on Monday if that works for you guys?

- Sumedh

On Wed, Apr 20, 2016 at 3:08 PM, Justin Clift <justin@postgresql.org> wrote:
On 20 Apr 2016, at 22:56, Sumedh Pathak <sumedh@citusdata.com> wrote:
> That can be doable, but its possible it may not get much traction. Typical AskHN doesn't link to an external site, and the data is captured within the HN. Should I try that? The poll might get a bit more traction, but like you noted, the aggregation of the results would involve scanning through the text comments. I don't have a strong recommendation here, but probably the Poll might get a slightly better response.

With the CitusDB articles submitted to Hacker News, they typically link
to a informative piece.

Do you feel submitting the initial announcement message - which already
includes the survey link as it's first thing - would work out ok?

  http://www.postgresql.org/message-id/0A3221C70F24FB45833433255569204D1F561EFA@G01JPEXMBYT05

If not, probably use your best suggestion.  You guys have more Hacker
News experience + are getting good results. :)

+ Justin

- Indira Gandhi

--
Sumedh Pathak