Re: Postgres older version 8.3.7 on ubuntu 14 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Steve Crawford
Subject Re: Postgres older version 8.3.7 on ubuntu 14
Date
List pgsql-hackers

On Tue, Oct 23, 2018 at 10:08 AM Vaidyanathaswamy, Anandsaikrishnan <avaidyanathaswamy@corelogic.com> wrote:

Good Morning,

We have older version of postgres 8.3.7, I am trying to install postgres  on ubuntu 14.04 LTS under GCP instance, Im having difficulty in installating the postgres 8.3.7 .

We are not able proceed with the installation manually. I am wondering whether ubuntu 14 is compatible with version 8.3.7

root@postgres83ubuntu:/home/rsa-key-20181011/postgresql-8.3.7# ./configure

checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

checking which template to use... linux

checking whether to build with 64-bit integer date/time support... no

checking whether NLS is wanted... no

checking for default port number... 5432

checking for gcc... no

checking for cc... no

configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

First, I would *strongly* suggest upgrading to a newer version for security, performance and support.

But if you insist on compiling, the answer is in your output - it isn't finding a compiler. Be sure to install gcc or other compiler.

Cheers,
Steve