Postgres older version 8.3.7 on ubuntu 14 - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Vaidyanathaswamy, Anandsaikrishnan
Subject Postgres older version 8.3.7 on ubuntu 14
Date
List pgsql-hackers

Good Morning,

We have older version of postgres 8.3.7, I am trying to install postgres  on ubuntu 14.04 LTS under GCP instance, Im having difficulty in installating the postgres 8.3.7 .

We are not able proceed with the installation manually. I am wondering whether ubuntu 14 is compatible with version 8.3.7

root@postgres83ubuntu:/home/rsa-key-20181011/postgresql-8.3.7# ./configure

checking build system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

checking host system type... x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu

checking which template to use... linux

checking whether to build with 64-bit integer date/time support... no

checking whether NLS is wanted... no

checking for default port number... 5432

checking for gcc... no

checking for cc... no

configure: error: no acceptable C compiler found in $PATH

See `config.log' for more details.

I am able to perform the 8.4 version with the following documents.

https://erpnani.blogspot.com/2016/03/install-postgresql-84-from-its-official.html

Do you recommend any such document,

Your help is much appreciated.

Thanks !

sai

This message may contain confidential or proprietary information intended only for the use of the
addressee(s) named above or may contain information that is legally privileged. If you are
not the intended addressee, or the person responsible for delivering it to the intended addressee,
you are hereby notified that reading, disseminating, distributing or copying this message is strictly
prohibited. If you have received this message by mistake, please immediately notify us by
replying to the message and delete the original message and any copies immediately thereafter.

Thank you.
CLLD