[HACKERS] OpenTemporaryFile() vs resowner.c - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject [HACKERS] OpenTemporaryFile() vs resowner.c
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi hackers,

Andres, Robert and Peter G rightly complained[1] that my shared
temporary file patch opens a file, then calls
ResourceOwnerEnlargeFiles() which can fail due to lack of memory, and
then registers the file handle to make sure we don't leak it.  Doh.
The whole point of the separate ResourceOwnerEnlargeXXX() interface is
to be able to put it before resource acquisition.

The existing OpenTemporaryFile() coding has the same mistake.  Please
see attached.

[1] https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20171107210155.kuksdd324kgz5oev%40alap3.anarazel.de

--
Thomas Munro