Re: BUG #15525: Build failures when compiling Postgres with Make parallelization - Mailing list pgsql-bugs

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: BUG #15525: Build failures when compiling Postgres with Make parallelization
Date
List pgsql-bugs
On Wed, Nov 28, 2018 at 11:27 AM PG Bug reporting form
<noreply@postgresql.org> wrote:
> PostgreSQL on macOS with Make's -j option have resulted in build failures.
> As far as we know, this has only happened on macOS. This appears to be an
> issue with PostgreSQL's build process, rather than with the package.

I don't know the answer but one thought that occurred to me: are you
using Apple's frozen-in-time GNU make?

$ make -v
GNU Make 3.81

Could it have bugs that were later fixed?  On the other hand, I build
PostgreSQL myself quite regularly on a Mac with that version and -j8
and I have not seen that problem.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com