Re: pg_multixact issues - Mailing list pgsql-general

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: pg_multixact issues
Date
List pgsql-general
On Thu, Feb 11, 2016 at 11:05 AM, Alvaro Herrera
<alvherre@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> Thomas Munro wrote:
>
>> 4.  You could look into whether all those multixacts with many member
>> are really expected.  (Large numbers of concurrent FK checks or
>> explicit share locks on the same rows perhaps?  A good proportion of
>> this happened on one day this week I see.)
>
> I think maybe this patch
> https://www.postgresql.org/message-id/20150620043650.GX133018%40postgresql.org
> should help with this.  I expect to come back to this and get it pushed
> to 9.3 and 9.4 sometime ...

Ah, so the OP might get some improvement today by moving to 9.5, which
has the optimization already.

BTW in my message above I said vacuum_multixact_freeze_table_age when
I meant to say autovacuum_multixact_freeze_max_age (and its default is
400 million).

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com