[HACKERS] LDAP URI decoding bugs - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject [HACKERS] LDAP URI decoding bugs
Date
List pgsql-hackers
Hi hackers,

1.  If you set up a pg_hba.conf with a URL that lacks a base DN or
hostname, hba.c will segfault on startup when it tries to pstrdup a
null pointer.  Examples: ldapurl="ldap://localhost" and
ldapurl="ldap://".

2.  If we fail to bind but have no binddn configured, we'll pass NULL
to ereport (snprint?) for %s, which segfaults on some libc
implementations.  That crash requires more effort to reproduce but you
can see pretty clearly a few lines above in auth.c that it can be
NULL.  (I'm surprised Coverity didn't complain about that.  Maybe it
can't see this code due to macros.)

Please see attached.

--
Thomas Munro