Re: [HACKERS] COPY vs. transition tables - Mailing list pgsql-hackers

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: [HACKERS] COPY vs. transition tables
Date
Re: [HACKERS] COPY vs. transition tables
List pgsql-hackers
On Sat, Jul 8, 2017 at 8:42 PM, David Fetter <david@fetter.org> wrote:
> Using the script attached, I'm getting this very odd result set below.
>
> Audit records from COPY to the "foo bar" table aren't getting
> recorded, but audit records from COPY to the baz table are.

Thanks for the bug report.  I think it's the presence of the index on
"foo bar", not the space in its name (but thanks for that curve
ball!), that causes these tuples not to be captured.
CopyFromInsertBatch takes a different path depending on whether there
are any indexes, and mistakenly passes NULL for transition_capture.
The attached seems to fix it, but I'll look more closely and send a
version with a regression test on Monday.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com