Re: MacPorts xsltproc is very slow? - Mailing list pgsql-docs

From Thomas Munro
Subject Re: MacPorts xsltproc is very slow?
Date
Re: MacPorts xsltproc is very slow?  (Michael Paquier <michael@paquier.xyz>)
Re: MacPorts xsltproc is very slow?  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
List pgsql-docs
On Sat, Mar 3, 2018 at 8:51 AM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Nov 26, 2017 at 5:03 PM, Thomas Munro
> <thomas.munro@enterprisedb.com> wrote:
>> So one solution is simply to uninstall the docbook-xsl package.  That
>> gets me back to fast documentation builds!
>
> For me, the documentation build fails without docbook-xsl.  I wonder
> why it works for you.

Recently I've been unable to build the documentation intermittently,
and I think it's because sourceforge.net has become flakey.  Let me
try right now...

$ make docs XSLTPROC=/usr/bin/xsltproc
...blah blah blah...
warning: failed to load external entity
"http://docbook.sourceforge.net/release/xsl/current/xhtml/chunk.xsl"
...blah blah blah...

So, yeah, it looks like we might need a local docbooks installation currently.

> It also fails for me if I follow the instructions in the documentation:
>
>     If you use MacPorts, the following will get you set up:
> <programlisting>
> sudo port install docbook-xml-4.2 docbook-xsl fop
> </programlisting>
>
> I have to also 'port install libxslt'.  Otherwise, /usr/bin/xsltproc
> is used, and it won't use files installed by MacPorts packages.
>
> And then it takes, like you reported originally, an insanely long time.

I think we should complain to the MacPorts packager about the
namespace vs non-namespace stuff being possibly confused in the
packages.

--
Thomas Munro
http://www.enterprisedb.com